Throughout my many travels I'm frequently asked by persons who don't know much about Mormons, Are Mormons Christians? With a smile I always give the same answer, "Yes we are, very much so."

Mormons quite often are referred to as Latter-Day Saint Christians due to the official name of the church which is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. But it's more than just a name, Latter-Day Saints strive daily to live the life of Christ and abide by his teachings and those of his apostles.

The Bible tells us the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch. (Acts 11:26) The word Christian means “a follower of Christ" but the word disciple means “student” or “pupil.” Hence a true Christian is not someone who simply says they believe in Christ but rather someone who ardently follows and studies the Savior their entire lives. Mormons do exactly that, therefore we are very much Christian in the truest sense of the word.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Does the LDS church have a policy about going to bullfights?

El Rejoneo (bullfighting on horseback)

(photo by Maurice Berho, Seville, Spain, April 10, 2016)

I only ask the question because honestly I don't know. I went on my mission to Chile where bullfights are not held so it wasn't an issue.

However in France, Portugal, Spain, Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru bullfights are held and are still quite popular especially in Spain, France, and Mexico. So I wondered what the church's policy is, if any, in those countries.

Are the missionaries forbidden from going to a bullfight?

Is it an issue for members in those countries?

If you have any information leave me a comment. I would love to know. (I did a Google search on the subject but came back with nothing.)

Thanks.

Juan del Alamo, plaza de toros Las Ventas, Madrid, May 17th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment